Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Allergies

I can't believe it's almost May already. Where has April gone? And where are my allergies? I feel like usually they have started by this point in time and I've only had a couple of days where I noticed some very slight symptoms. Is the pollen just slow to get going this year due to some crazy weather? Or is this a lighter pollen year? If so, you won't see me complaining. I would be more than happy to avoid allergies altogether. I'm a little surprised though; usually the 2nd half of April, all of May, and sometimes even into June my allergies are so bad there are some days I can't even put in my contacts. I hope the late start to allergies means good things for my body and not just a postponement of allergy season.

2 comments:

  1. The pollen count is fairly high right now. The rain and cold weather is probably whats keeping the allergies down. Or if you were proactively taking allergy pills and had never done that before that could explain it. I've been taking claritin every day for about a month now just in case.

    also this http://wimp.com/pollencount/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I personally developed seasonal allergies when I was about your age (maybe a little younger). They started off really bad, but, fortunately, they seem to have faded with time. They still pop up occasionally, but overall they aren't what they once were. Maybe you're following the same pattern?

    ReplyDelete