Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why I Love My Job

1. I have a fire extinguisher. That says a lot right there.
2. My supervisor is really nice and supportive.
3. The rest of the staff is also very nice and supportive and I'm at a place where they definitely want me to succeed.
4. The parents/leaders I've met have been great, and I haven't had problems getting adults to come to my events.
5. The youth I've met seem very excited to have a youth minister and for the most part seem excited to come to events. Hopefully once they start being more faith oriented and less recreational they'll still want to come. (Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of fun/recreation, but it will be a lot more centered on God once the school year starts and actual youth group starts.)
6. I have a huge office, with a couch. It's in the basement, where it's nice and cold (I actually wore a sweater on one of the 100+ degree days, that's how cold it is) but it's mine and I have pictures and everything in it.
7. It's close to home (let's face it, it's always nice when your drive is only 15 minutes).
8. I get to use my theology degree and my love and passion for God/the Catholic faith to help bring other people closer to Christ and hopefully get them excited about their faith.
9. Prayer counts for a lot.
10. People expect and want me to talk about God.

See how good my job is?

No comments:

Post a Comment