Sunday, October 2, 2011

Texting

After however many years that texting has been around, I finally have it on my phone. I've been avoiding it for, well, let's see, I'd have to say just about forever. I didn't want it, for multiple reasons. One of which, it's a huge distraction, and I don't want to know what is going on with everyone all the time nor do I want to feel like I have to or should share what's going on with me all the time. And I am one of those people who if I have access to something like that, who knows what's going to happen? I love having computer, and simple, quick, easy ways of communicating with people. Like email, and facebook. But not texting. It's too immediate. Also, it's annoying. I hate the texting "language", or rather, shorthand, and the only way I would ever consider texting is with a built in alphabet keypad. Which my new phone has. I also would never want to pay for it because to me that is ridiculous. However, the plan I have now automatically has it, and since my phone has the keypad, I have unfortunately and naturally started using texting more. My biggest problem is I am a talker, and I always want to say a lot, which is why I like things like a blog, and emailing, and hey, face-to-face conversation. So most of my texts end up being sent in 2 or 3 parts. It's a little ridiculous.

Fortunately not many people outside my family know I have texting, and I'm not super popular phone-wise so I don't think too many people have my number, so the number of people who actually text me is minimal, which helps me limit my texting interactions. The best part of it so far though is I've finally made an appearance on my sister's blog under the "Texts From My Sisters" section. Yay! I've posted a link here so you can check it out and try to guess which ones are from me. So far there are only 2, and they aren't any of the gross ones.
http://mariatrueblood.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment