Monday, May 30, 2011

Here, Fishy Fishy Fishy

Eric and Charlotte and I spent the weekend at my in-laws cabin up near Ottertail (the cabin itself is on Walker Lake). The weather was pretty decent, we played some lawn games, went fishing, had a couple of bonfires, and just hung out enjoying a relaxing weekend. Charlotte did great with her grandparents, so hopefully now they'll be able to babysit her more (last time they tried she cried the whole 2 hours).

I went fishing quite a bit more than I ever have before, and actually enjoyed it a lot. Plus, I caught 2 fish worth keeping, which is very exciting for me. And a lot of fish we just threw back in, which was fun anyway. I don't really care what I catch as long as I'm catching something! I used to hate fishing, mostly because I didn't have the patience (not catching fish can be BORING) and I hated touching worms and fish. Now I have a husband who does the gross parts for me, and I have more patience to sit out on a boat or the end of a dock with a pole in the water waiting for something to bite. I don't know much about how to catch certain kinds of fish, but I'm actually learning a little and I figure if I put something on the end of my line and stick it in the water eventually something will bite it. That, and I just trust the other people with me to know more than I do. It's worked out for me so far! I don't like the taste of fish either, but nobody seems to mind. I did at least try the fish I caught, but only ate 2 bites before I gave up and went back to the rest of my food. Luckily Eric will eat fish and so will his parents so I don't feel too bad about not eating what I catch.

I'm excited to go fishing with my side of the family when we take our week long family vacation later this summer. Hopefully we'll have some good luck catching stuff. Unfortunately, neither of us actually owns our own fishing pole, so if the cabins we're renting don't have any we'll have to remedy that problem some other way. I'm sure we'll figure something out by August!

No comments:

Post a Comment