Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day. My first real one anyway--I was pregnant on Mother's Day last year if you want to count that. This is the first one that I actually have a child. It was pretty good. We went out to a nice lunch at Green Mill, which was a good choice because they weren't doing a Mother's Day brunch so it wasn't actually that busy, and Charlotte was really well-behaved so we were actually able to have a nice meal at a restaurant without any real big issues. They messed up Eric's order but then gave it to us for free so it turned out ok. Eric and Charlotte gave me nice chairs for our balcony, which was the perfect gift. Now we don't have to use our camping chairs to sit out on our balcony this summer! They also gave me a little wall decoration, some planters, an awesome purple watering can, and a small gnome to put in our little balcony garden which I will now be able to start. I may not have a house yet, but I am going to do some gardening anyway! It was a really nice way to spend my first Mother's Day, and was exactly what I wanted--some time with my two favorite people, the reasons I'm a mother to begin with.

1 comment: