Thursday, May 19, 2011

Is it Thursday already?

Time has been flying by this week. I feel like I haven't had any time to get anything done. I also feel like most of what has been happening is not worth writing about. This weekend I have commencement for my Master's degree, so even though I've had my diploma for months now, I'm still walking. It should be good, I guess. I only have one of my classmates graduating with me, and then a handful of other students from the other programs offered at the School of Divinity, and then the rest of St. Thomas' graduate programs. So I'll only know one other person, but at least I had a couple of classes with her and she's not a total stranger to me. It's a little disappointing though, I know last year about 4 or 5 students who had all been in the program graduated together, and I'm sure that was really nice for them, but most of the people in I had in classes were part time or in the seminary so they're not graduating with me. Still, I guess it will be nice to have the formal ceremony recognizing my achievement. I put in a lot of work and even if it's really just Eric (and maybe my parents) it will still be nice to have that acknowledged. Plus, I'm sure I'll get to see a lot of my professors and that will be nice, they can finally meet my daughter and I can catch up with them a little bit too.

Also this weekend is a possible bonfire (if it doesn't rain) and my oldest brother's 30th birthday party. Almost every weekend from now until the end of summer is already jam packed with plans. Eric and I have 3 weddings that we'll be attending (and 2 that we won't), a weekend at his parent's cabin, hopefully a weekend in Chicago to visit family, a few birthdays (including Eric's, which is basically a national holiday the way we celebrate it), the Novak family camping trip, and a week at Lake Mary. Plus I am probably joining a coed soccer league with some friends from high school, and I am going to be volunteering one evening a week at my former place of employment, Holy Rosary, teaching ESL. It's going to be a crazy busy summer, but since most of this stuff is freely chosen and fun, I'm still really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment