Monday, August 29, 2011

I Love My Dentist, But...

Tomorrow I have to have a cavity filled. That is pretty much the only bad part of going to the dentist, when that kind of stuff happens. I've only had about 4 in my whole life, which compared to most of my family is pretty dang good, but it still sucks. I hate the initial novacaine shot, and even though you're not really supposed to feel pain or anything, it's still uncomfortable and weird and usually cold and generally un-fun. The best part of having to get it filled though is that my awesome sister Gina is also my dentist, so that is a definite bright side. In fact, I actually don't mind going to the dentist at all normally. I don't think the regular cleanings are really painful, I leave with my teeth feeling really clean, and I get a free toothbrush and floss. And that is all before you factor in that it's my sister which is an added bonus. Plus, let's face it, after not seeing my dentist sister in the dental chair for almost 2 years, getting away with only one cavity is pretty amazing. And even though the novacaine shot sucks, it's a little bit funny to spend the next hour or so biting your lips and putting on chapstick without being able to feel half of your mouth. I guess it won't be so bad...except for the half an hour of actually having the tooth filled.

1 comment:

  1. It is no mystery that there are a lot of people who do not like going to the dentist so I think it that it's great that your sister is a dentist. You'd feel relaxed because you know that you are being treated by capable hands.


    Bianca Jackson

    ReplyDelete