Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Things Going On In My Life

I don't really know what to write about today so I will be boring and write a general summary of things going on in my life.

1. Work. Mostly planning events and getting things geared up for the school year. Even though it's a month away, I know once it starts my time to plan and organize stuff will be minimal so I'm trying to get ahead and really get things figured out. I'm even planning 2 meetings, plus I'll have to do a training for my leaders. I feel like a real grown-up almost. I think I would feel more like a grown-up if most of my leaders so far didn't all have kids in the program (or older). Still, my youth works in my favor when working with teenagers. That's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

2. Charlotte. She still refuses to walk, she's very stubborn and used to getting her own way and I think Eric and I spoil her too much and it's starting to show. Now comes the fun part of parenting and telling her "no" sometimes and actually enforcing it and not giving in to everything she wants. Yay.

3. Vacation. In less than 2 weeks my whole family is going on a vacation! I'm extremely excited since this is pretty much the only real vacation Eric and I get the whole summer. We're renting cabins up near Alexandria for a whole week and it will be very relaxing and stress free. Just sitting on the beach, playing in the water, going fishing (even I'm looking forward to that!), and of course, playing shuffleboard.

4. Planning parties. Charlotte is turning one in one month from tomorrow, and we have to plan her birthday party. So far we don't have a lot planned because we don't quite know exactly where it will be, but we're hoping to do it at a park near our apartment that has a splash pad. I'm also planning my sister-in-law's baby shower which isn't for 2 months but which I need to get going on because these things have a tendency to sneak up on a person when they're not looking.

5. Babies. 3 siblings are having children in the next few months, and that is very exciting and worth blogging about. That's all I have to say on that.

6. City of God. I started it yesterday and made it through 1 book (about 40 pages). It's slow going but so far interesting. The first book was pretty much about suicide which was intense and unexpected and makes more sense when taken in the context of why he is writing in the first place. More on this book on my book remarks and theological thoughts pages to come.

7. Life in general. Even though it is summer, since I started my job early in the summer I feel like this is the least relaxing summer I've had since I got married 4 years ago. Things are mostly just busy with normal life stuff and I'm still kindof getting used to just having a job and figuring things out with that. I at least feel mostly settled into my position though, enough that I can actually work ahead and not constantly feel like I have a million things to do/figure out. Otherwise it's just normal life stuff, being married, having a kid (when I'll get used to that I'm not entirely sure, I can't believe she's almost 1 already!), spending time with family, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment